Thursday 7 April 2011

Day 7: Make some effort for things that you really want

My college has a scholarship for students who are taking the initiatives to help the others and serve the community. Recently a lot of students have been asking the teaching staff to write recommendation letters, and S and T approached me for that last week.

S is a very efficient student. She told me what makes her a good candidate for the scholarship and her past experience orally, and asked if I need further details immediately.

T was a bit shy and asked if I could write the recommendation letter for her. Afterwards, she sent me an email giving me a list of voluntary work that she has done over the years together with a number of pictures. Later she came over to my office to see if I would like to learn more about her stories and share with me the satisfaction that she had by helping the others.

Thanks S and T for showing me two entirely different approaches to go for things that you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment