Monday 4 April 2011

Day 4: Show your gratitude

M is a problem student. She often comes to class late and is often distracted or even totally detached during the lessons. I found her a bit troublesome too, but I didn't dislike her or ignore her. Instead, I tried to involve her and gave her a lot of chances.

Last Saturday many of my students from M's class took IELTS. During the break today, many of them shared with me what they were asked, how they performed and so on. All the questions they got in the speaking test were within the 10 themes that I had picked for them and they were grateful having prepared in advance.

Then M suddenly came over with a big smile and told me how happy she was. She said the question she got was exactly the same question that I assigned in the first semester and she thanked me for that.

No one thanked me but M. It's a bit unbelievable.
M taught me not to be shy about showing gratitude towards other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment