Saturday 2 April 2011

Day 2: Ask specific questions

In yesterday's writing class, I gave every single one of the students some specific advice for improvement and told them what they were good at. Most of them nodded as they listen and did not ask anything. A few of them asked very broad questions like "What should I do about this?". Some thanked for my advice.

A handful of them asked me questions referring to what I had said, but A was different. On top of responding to my advice, she asked questions that were very specific and clear:

1) How can my answer here (referring to a specific section) be better organised?
2) How much time do you recommend for planning the writing? From analysing the question to organising my ideas...

Thanks to A's questions, I found it easier to give her suggestions relevant to her case.

So do I often ask specific questions like A?

No comments:

Post a Comment