Monday 11 April 2011

Day 10: Know what you want

I left school a bit late tonight, and happened to see W and R on the train. I'm rather curious about what teenagers like to do after school. 

Just like other teenagers, W and R like going shopping with friends and family when they are free, but when I asked whether they're going shopping from now, they said they're actually on their way to work - 4 hours every day after school! So why are they working this hard while their classmates are having an easy life thinking about what to do to have fun?

R said, "I'd rather be busy and sieze the opportunities to learn and work, than having to do something to kill time". I'm a bit surprised having heard this from a 17-year-old, who is very clear about what she wants.

What do I want? This can be a difficult question.
It's nice to have some inspiration from R.

No comments:

Post a Comment