Wednesday 20 April 2011

Day 15: Be ready for learning

There is a course that I enjoy teaching quite a bit, and it has a lot with do with the students. I'd say they are a bit different from the others. There are of course a few who are a bit detached or distracted, but whenever I went into the lecture room, they were always ready. Always.

I hardly have to say anything to help them settle down as I usually do in the other classes. Instead, what I often do in this class is smiling at the students as I walk into the room (and some smile back to me!), and sometimes even saying "it's nice to see you all again" from the bottom of my heart.

Not only me, some other colleagues also said that they enjoy teaching this particular group of students. There're a lot I can learn from them, particularly about their readiness for learning. Not everyone is great in this course, but the overall atmosphere is excellent.

I just wonder, why are they always ready for learning? What's the secret behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment